Admission for the Wake Forest University School of Law online MSL Master's Degree or Graduate Certificate is based on: the applicant’s academic record and professional background; answers to application questions; and professional references. Applicants may also be asked to participate in a virtual interview with members of the MSL admissions committee. Admissions requirements for both the MSL Master’s Degree and Graduate Certificate are the same. A $250 deposit will be due by the date indicated in your acceptance letter.
Work experience in a relevant field, as well as a bachelor’s degree prior to matriculating, is required. Students who have completed previous, relevant graduate-level work may, with approval, transfer up to 6 credits towards their MSL degree. Standardized test scores are not required, but may be provided in the application.
The Wake Forest University School of Law online Master of Studies in Law program is authorized to accept applications from all 50 United States. You may find more information on our State Authorizations page.
How to Apply
Applications for either the MSL Master's Degree or Graduate Certificate must include:
- Completed application form
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Official transcript from each college or university attended
A transcript is required for all community college, undergraduate, and graduate-level coursework even if you did not receive a degree.
- Two reference forms/letters of recommendation
Reference forms should come from former professors or employers who can address the applicant's ability to pursue graduate legal study.
- Personal Statement
Upload a personal statement that shares an insight into your life and experiences that may not be readily apparent from your academic record and resume/CV. Your personal statement should be about you.
Examples of personal statement topics include, but are not limited to:
- why you want to enroll in this program;
- aspect of your lived experience that is illustrative of your character and perspective, especially an aspect that demonstrates your courage, determination, ingenuity, and/or resilience;
- discrete experience or situation when you faced a significant challenge or obstacle, especially as an adult (after high school), that you were able to overcome or circumvent successfully.
- one-inch margins
- text-only (do not include images or visuals)
- accessible font (e.g., Arial, Calibri, Helvetica, Times New Roman, Verdana)
- black font color
- 10-point font size or greater
- 750 words or less
Submit application materials:
Wake Forest School of Law
P.O. Box 7206
Winston-Salem, NC 27109
For FedEx, UPS, and other shipping services:
Name: MSL Admissions
Company: Wake Forest School of Law
Address Line 1: 1834 Wake Forest Road
Address Line 2: Worrell, Suite 1204
City: Winston Salem